wendi kuhl photography

Blog Archive

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Forward

This morning, I scraped myself out of bed after pressing the snooze button several times.  My husband and I did the eye contact grunt thing, letting one another know how painful it is to wake up after the time change.  Funny, we have been married for almost 12 years and can almost read one anothers
thoughts. . . sometimes.  : )


As tough as it is to do the time change thing twice a year with a baby, I am thankful that the sun is shining and my family is safe and healthy.  Today I didn't want to take the sun for granted so I decided to plant some flowers.  




Living in the desert makes a green thumb almost impossible, so when I went to the garden center I decided to find something drought tolerant and then also pick a flower that just makes me happy!



So, I chose a variety of succulents for a few pots and some ranunculus for the others.  The succulents have a great symmetry and sheen.  I am a fan of all things symmetrical and green thumb free.  I also have the desire to have simple color.  I tend to lean towards rooms or garden areas that are filled with one or two pops of color and not a whole cornucopia.  It calms me and keeps it simple.  So I chose ranunculus that are yellow and white and repeated them throughout the seating area.  Now,  I will attempt to keep them alive!  






 The ranunculus are also symmetrical and somewhat like a weed so it was a win win!

  


There is so much going on today.  Just turn on the news and you will see something as silly as a bunch of football players fussing over more money to something as jaw dropping as the destruction in Japan.  I am thankful for clean water, for our home, for the joy of my family.  Holdin' loosely to it but thankful none the less.  


No comments:

Post a Comment